Molecular characterization of heat shock protein 70 gene in Iraqi buffalo
Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Sciences,
2020, Volume 34, Issue 1, Pages 139-143
AbstractThe heat shock protein 70 (HSP 70) has important roles in protecting cells and keeping them alive when exposed to different stress conditions. The polymorphism of the hsp 70 gene could be linked with the ability of stress tolerance. This study aimed to determine the polymorphism of the hsp 70 gene in Iraqi buffaloes and study bits effects on the resistance to stress. This study was conducted during from November 2018 to February 2019. The number of buffalo females used was 35 at the age of 4 - 6 years, which belonged to the local farmers from Basra city, Iraq. The DNA was extraction from the blood samples then the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification was performed. The DNA sequences were analyzed by using bioinformatics analysis. The results of the molecular analysis showed that there were two groups of the hsp 70 gene as a compare with the same genes in GenBank due to silent and missense mutations. Based on these findings, it can be concluded that the Iraqi buffaloes have adapted to the surrounding environmental conditions as a result of the action of HSP 70 proliferation. The hsp 70 gene was a useful biomarker of stress tolerance in buffaloes.
- Nandlal PH. Studies on molecular and immunological characterization of heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) in buffaloes [PhD dissertation]. Ludhiana: Institutional Repository of Indian National Agricultural Research System; 2012. 22-78 p.
- Sejian V, Bhatta R, Gaughan J, Malik PK, Naqvi SMK, Lal R. Adapting sheep production to changing climate: Conclusions and researchable priorities, in sheep production adapting to climate change. 1st ed. Singapore: Springer; 2017. 431-441 p. Doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-4714-5_21
- Archana PR, Aleena J, Pragna P, Vidya MK, Niyas APA, Bagath M, Sejian V. Role of heat shock proteins in livestock adaptation to heat stress. J Dairy Vet Anim Res. 2017;5(1):00127. Doi:10.15406/jdvar.2017.5.00127.
- Mohanarao GJ, Mukherjee A, Banerjee D, Gohain M, Dass G, Brahma B, De S. HSP70 family genes and HSP27 expression in response to heat and cold stress in vitro in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of goat (Capra hircus). Small Rumin Res. 2014;116(2-3):94-99. Doi.org/10.1016/j.smallrumres.2013.10.014.
- Pockley AG, Muthana M, Calderwood SK. The dual immunoregulatory roles of stress proteins. Trends Biochem Sci. 2008;33(2):71-79.Doi:10.1016/j.tibs.2007.10.005
- Gade N, Mahapatra RK, Sonawane A, Singh VK, Doreswamy R, Saini M. Molecular characterization of heat shock protein 70-1 gene of goat (Capra hircus). Mol Biol Int. 2010;2010. Doi.org/10.4061/2010/108429.
- Sodhi M, Mukesh M, Kishore A, Mishra BP, Kataria RS, Joshi BK. Novel polymorphisms in UTR and coding region of inducible heat shock protein 70.1 gene in tropically adapted Indian zebu cattle (Bos indicus) and riverine buffalo (Bubalus bubalis). Gene. 2013;527(2):606-615.Doi: 10.1016/j.gene.2013.05.078.
- Goodman SC, Letra A, Dorn S, Araujo AC, Vieira AE, de Souza LC, Silva RM. Expression of heat shock proteins in periapical granulomas. J Endod. 2014;40(6):830-836.Doi: 10.1016/j.joen.2013.10.021.
- Rosenkrans Jr, Banks A, Reiter S, Looper M. Calving traits of crossbred Brahman cows are associated with heat shock protein 70 genetic polymorphisms. Anim Reprod Sci. 2010;119(3-4):178-182. Doi: 10.1016/j.anireprosci.2010.02.005.
- Basirico L, MoreraP, Primi V, Lacetera N, Nardone A, Bernabucci U, Cellular thermotolerance is associated with heat shock protein 70.1 genetic polymorphisms in Holstein lactating cows. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2011;16(4):441-448. Doi: 10.1007/s12192-011-0257-7.
- Turner CM, Brown Jr, Brown MA, Steelman CD, Rosenkrans JrF. Associations among heat shock protein 70 genotype, forage system, and horn-fly infestation of beef cattle. Prof Anim Sci. 2013;29(3):237-241. Doi.org/10.15232/S1080-7446(15)30229-1.
- Ramesha KP, Basavaraju M, Geetha GR, Rao A, Hatkar DN, Kataktalware MA, Suresh KP, Anantharaj A, Das DN, Divya P. Polymorphism in the promoter region of the hsp 70 gene and its association with performance traits in Deoni cattle. Indian J Anim Sci. 2016;86(12):1466-1468.
- Oner Y, Keskin A, Ustuner H, Soysal D, Karakaş V. Genetic diversity of the 3ꞌ and 5ꞌ untranslated regions of the HSP70. 1 gene between native Turkish and Holstein Friesian cattle breeds. South Afr J Anim Sci. 2017;47(4):424-439. Doi.org/10.4314/sajas.v47i4.2.
- Habib HN, Hassan AF, Khudaier BY. Molecular detection of polymorphism of heat shock protein 70 (hsp70) in the semen of Iraqi Holstein bulls. Asian J Anim Sci. 2017;11:132-139. Doi:10.3923/ajas.2017.132.139
- Fatima F, Nadeem A, Javed M. Molecular characterization of heat shock protein 70-1 gene of Capra aegagrus blythi. Pakistan J Zool. 2019;51(1):1-7.Doi:10.17582/journal.pjz/2019.51.1.195.203.
- Cheng W, Li Q, Wang C, Wang H, Li J, Sun Y, Zhong J. Genetic polymorphism of HSP70-1 gene and its correlation with resistance to mastitis in Chinese Holstein. Yi chuan Hereditas. 2009;31(2):169-174. Doi:10. 3724/sp.j.1005.2009.00169.
- Du FL, Wang HM, Huang JM, Li JB, Zhong JF, Zhang TR, Wang CF. Polymorphism at 3'-UTR of the heat shock protein 70 gene and its relationship with thermal tolerance in Chinese Holstein. Acta Agri Sci. 2010;3:5. Doi: 10.7668/hbnxb.2010.03.004.
- Deb R, Sajjanar B, Singh U, Kumar S, Brahmane MP, Singh R, Sharma A. Promoter variants at AP2 box region of Hsp70. 1 affect thermal stress response and milk production traits in Frieswal cross bred cattle. Gene. 2013;532(2):230-235. Doi:10. 1016/j.gene.2013.09.037.
- Gafer JA, El-Rahman GHA, Rawash Z. Association of hsp 70 Gene polymorphism and bull semen quality in winter and summer seasons. Alexandria J Vet Sci. 2015;1:46.Doi: 10.5455/ajvs.186038.
- Habib HN, Khudaier BY, Hassan AF, Saleh WM. The Association of the polymorphism and gene expression of heat shock protein hsp 70 gene in winter and summer in the semen of Holstein bulls born in Iraq. Basrah J Vet Res. 2018;17:3.
- Bhat S, Kumar P, Kashyap N, Deshmukh B, Dige MS, Bhushan B, Singh G. Effect of heat shock protein 70 polymorphism on thermotolerance in Tharparkar cattle. Vet World. 2016;9(2):113.Doi:10 .14202/vetworld.2016.113-117.
- Nada AS, Nakao T. Role of buffalo in the socioeconomic development of rural Asia: Current status and future prospectus. Anim Sci J. 2003;74(6):443-455.Doi.org/10.1046/j.1344-3941.2003.00138.x
- FAO. Food and Agriculture Organization Statistics. 2005; http://faostat.fao.org/default.aspx. Rome, Italy.
- Alejandro CI, Abel VM, Jaime OP, Pedro SA. Environmental stress effect on animal reproduction. Op J Anim Sci. 2014;4(02):79. Doi: 10.4236/ojas.2014.42011.
- Alam MZ, Carpenter L, Mitra S, Haque M, Halsey J, Rokonuzzaman M, Moniruzzaman M. Effect of salinity intrusion on food crops, livestock, and fish species at Kalapara Coastal Belt in Bangladesh. J Food Qual. 2017;2017. Doi.org/10.1155/2017/2045157
- Calderwood K. Cell stress proteins. 1st ed. New York: Springer; 2007. 281-312 p. Doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-39717-7.
- Srikanth K, Kwon A, Lee E, Chung H. Characterization of genes and pathways that respond to heat stress in Holstein calves through transcriptome analysis. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2017;22(1):29-42.Doi:10. 1007/s12192-016-0739-8
- Desjardins P, Conklin D. NanoDrop microvolume quantitation of nucleic acids. J Vis Exp. 2010;45:2565. Doi: 10.3791/2565.
- Kumar S, Stecher G, Li M, Knyaz C, Tamura K. MEGA X: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis across computing platforms. Mol Biol Evol. 2018;35(6):1547-1549.Doi.10. 1093/molbev/msy096.
- Sievers F, Desmond GH. Clustal omega. Curr Prot Bioinform. 2014;48(1):3-13. Doi: 10.1002/0471250953.bi0313s48.
- Kimchi C, Oh JM, Kim IW, Sauna ZE, Calcagno AM, Ambudkar SV, Gottesman MM. A silent polymorphism in the MDR1 gene changes substrate specificity. Sci. 2007;315(5811):525-528.Doi:10. 1126/science.1135308
- Kumar R, Gupta ID, Verma A, Verma N, Magotra A, Vineeth MR. Molecular characterization and polymorphism detection in HSPB6 gene in Sahiwal cattle. Indian J Anim Res. 2015;49(5):595-598.Doi: 10.18805/ijar.5568
- Silva CF, Sartorelli ES, Castilho ACS, Satrapa RA, Puelker RZ, Razza EM, Barros C. Effects of heat stress on development, quality and survival of Bos indicus and Bos taurus embryos producedin vitro. Theriogenol. 2013;79(2):351-357.
- Onasanya GO, Ikeobi CO, Ayotunde AS, Oke FO, Olorunisola RA, Decampos JS. Thermo-regulatory functions of heat shock protein genes in some selected tropically stressed livestock animals. Inter J Appl Res Technol. 2017;6(8):37-43.
- Singh R, Kolvraa S, Bross P, Jensen UB, Gregersen N, Tan Q, Rattan SI. Reduced heat shock response in human mononuclear cells during aging and its association with polymorphisms in HSP70 genes. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2006;11(3):208.Doi: 10.1379/csc-184r.1.
- Article View: 310
- PDF Download: 281