Keywords : Non Pregnant
Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Sciences,
2019, Volume 33, Issue 2, Pages 43-49
This study aimed detection and identification of the lesions in the ovaries of ewes and determination of their percentages in Mosul region. For that purpose, ovaries from 108 genital systems were randomly collected from non-pregnant ewes slaughtered at Mosul slaughter house and private butcheries for a period extended from 1/11/2012 to 1/5/2013. All of them were grossly and histologically examined. The result showed occurrence of ovarian cortical atrophy at 0.93% of total samples, also ovarian medullary sinusoidal congestion, ovarian cortical hemorrhage, cortical and medullary perivascular fibrosis at ratios 5.0, 1.39, 1.85, 0.46% respectively noticed. Ovarian follicular degeneration, cortical oophoritis, purulent oophoritis and ovarian cortical scarification also recorded at the ratios 1.39, 0.46, 0.46 and 1.39% respectively, both fibroma and fibrosarcoma were diagnosed at the ratio 0.46% for each. It is concluded from the present study that variable lesions were noticed at the examined samples that may reflect multiple causative agents inducing it.