Author : Shareef, A.M.

Aflatoxin B1 residues in imported and local broiler,s breast and thigh muscle in Kurdistan region

A.M. Shareef; S.N. Taheer; M.Y. Yalda; I.Q. Sito; E.P. Candlan

Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Sciences, 2015, Volume 29, Issue 1, Pages 0-0
DOI: 10.33899/ijvs.2015.116854

Residues of Aflatoxins and their metabolites might be present in meat and other products of animals receiving Aflatoxin
contaminated feeds which could subsequently create health problems in man. Eighty nine imported (Iran/Khosh pokht);
(Turkey/Yam-tapilic, Lades, Senplic, Kapidac, Kozoa, Oznesilpilic) and (Brazil, hilal, Sadia), and 90 locally produced
(Hoshiar poultry farm, Nihad poultry farm, Hokar poultry farm, Mansoor poultry farm, AL-Shimal poultry house, Mardin
poultry house and AL-Eetimad poultry slaughterhouse) broiler breast and thigh muscle samples were examined for residual
Aflatoxin B1 using ELIZA test. Results revealed that out of 89 imported samples only 21 (23.59%) were positive, but only 2
(2.24%) were rejected, while the remaining 87 samples (97.75%) were acceptable. Concerning the local samples, results
showed that 19 samples (21.11%) were positive, but 10 (11.11%) were rejected, while the remaining 80 samples (88.88%)
were accepted. The public health importance of residual AFB1 in broiler meat samples was discussed.